In this degree programme of Digital Marketing and E-Tourism, students will gain knowledge on how to increase the visibility and visibility of the websites, how to improve the positioning, optimize the presence in social networks and manage electronic commerce, to ensure success in the market.
The degree will introduce the student to the role of information and communications technologies (ICT) in modern tourism operations and familiarize them with the methods and management of the tourism product by electronic means. The SLTC digital marketing degree in Sri Lanka focuses on creating top quality industry professionals with the best skills and knowledge.
At the end of the second year first semester common programme(semester V), students will have the option to follow special degree programme (BSc. Hon. ETDM) based on their performance, Once selected, students have to enroll for additional courses from 300 and 400 levels to fulfill 120 credits including the industrial training and research project.
This program provides graduates with special knowledge on:
- Online Positioning in Search Engines (SEO) & Online Advertising
- Web Technologies for Tourism and digital marketing
- Network and Database Systems
- Management Information System
Candidates should have one of the following qualifications:
- a) Those who have passed GCE A/L examination with three (S) passes in any Scheme OR
- b) Any other qualification of comparable standing recognized by UGC of Sri Lanka such as Edxcel / Cambridge with three passes And
- c) All candidates should process a good knowledge in English.
- d) Candidate should also have attained the prescribed minimum standard at the aptitude test conducted by the SLTC.